Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Green Hour #1


I'm a total newbie to this blogging thing but I came across the Green Hour Challenge.


Very timely.....I have just recently started rereading my old beaten copy of Handbook of Nature Study. The kids and I have had a long standing habit of nature study although perhaps not as focused as Charlotte Mason intended, especially with my younger two.

This week we found out more about the Roseate Spoonbill and Great Egret birds. We have been seeing these birds all over town this week. Next week I will remember to keep my camera handy because I've missed some great pictures!

Friday we will head off to a local lake and I hope to get some pictures of these birds at that time.

This week I started the Nature Study page element on my blog. Nature study is going to be SOOO much easier in 2008 then it was in 1994!

2 comments:

Barb said...

I'm looking forward to getting to know you through your blog and the Green Hour challenge.

I have two that have graduated and it is hard to believe that you can make it all the way through high school....but with a little help, we can. :)

Thanks for linking,
Barb-Harmony Art Mom

Tina in WA said...

Here-here! I agree, with Barb's direction we are all learning so much then we knew before. :o)

~Tina