Friday, February 29, 2008

Green Hour #3

Assignment #3

"Why do pupils dislike writing English exercises? Simply because they are not interested in the subject they are asked to write about, and they know that the teacher is not interested in the information contained in the essay. But when they are interested in the subject and write about it to a person who is interested, the conditions are entirely changed." Handbook of Nature Study pg.16

May I always remember to help them find their interest before requiring them to write.






Sam's words for this week...

Silence
Red Beetle
Rough Hard Bark








The specimens were the pine trees in our back yard. Sam has been collecting pine cones all week.










Sam hard at work on his first entry to his Nature Notebook. He did not want to copy his words but wanted me to write them for him.








He is quite proud of the results. I don't think his smile could be any bigger!





Sam's only complaint was that my camera could not take a picture of the red beetle that was climbing on his tree. I need to upgrade my camera!

4 comments:

Lisa~ said...

Great post! He should be proud!

Taking so many pictures lately, I have desired a new camera myself.... My birthday is coming... I’m hopeful... any upgrade will do!

I enjoyed your post... I put mine up last night.... I’m a tad late...

Hope to see you this week in the challenge again!

Lisa at Koinonia Academy

Andrea said...

I love the picture of your ds inspecting the tree bark. Very cute. His excitement is what this is all about.

Tina in WA said...

What a wonderful post. I love the picture of all his pinecones. And his drawing is wonderful.

~Tina

Ms Eva said...

His drawing is great! I love his smile - so proud! And rightfully so! :)