Friday, February 22, 2008

Green Hour #2


"...although I have used these outlines once, I am sure I should never be able to use them again without making changes." Pg. 24 HNS

I love this. All to often homeschool moms use a curriculum and think they need to use it exactly as it was written or they will miss out on something. Anna Comstock is telling us the she wouldn't use her own volume in such a manner but would tweak it each time she did a lesson.



Sam's words...

Cooing
Gray Pigeon
Fresh warm wind





Charlotte's words...

Quack!
Duck-Duck
Flowers!





Mama's words...

Laughter
Happy children
Hugs, kisses, love.



5 comments:

Barb said...

It sure looks like spring in your area....such perfect weather for an adventure.

Loved the words!

Thanks for linking,
Barb-Harmony Art Mom

Andrea said...

I love your comments about the HNS. I totally fall into the trap of feeling like I have to follow something to the 't'. I am starting to ease up and be more flexible now, but it's nice to have the reminder...

Tina in WA said...

What a wonderful day and wonderful words!

I sure wish we could run around in t-shirts in WA. :o)

Lori C., Texas said...

Loved your pictures and your kids' words.:)

Ms Eva said...

Your pictures are great! Love that you got your little ones to use words as well... all my 3 yr old would say was, "Trees. Trees."