Friday, April 10, 2009

Little Hands & My Father's World.

I've had a couple of exciting finds this month!


For Charlotte I made a purchase of Little Hands to Heaven. She LOVES it. Adorable! Super easy to use, non-time consuming and keeps her happy.We are still reading selections from the AO year 0 booklist and working each day with Mighty Minds, pattern blocks, painting and Wedgits.


For Sam....and eventually Charlotte....I made the discovery of My Father's World. I haven't tried to think too far ahead with a plan for these younger two but I really didn't expect to be able to combine them. Using MFW....I can. That's exciting. MFW uses many of the books I already own. That's exciting! MFW combines classical , Charlotte Mason in a unit study approach for the whole family AND has a schedule with 1 easy day each week which makes it workable with my work schedule. Yikes...I'm overcome with joy! I am practically giddy with excitement if this works out and I don't have to come up with elaborate plans each year trying to mesh two kids who are 3 years apart in age! I just hope it works out. We shall see.... one day at a time...


We still need to work on phonics with Sam so I got my hands on a copy of MFW 1. MFW 1 claims to cover all needed phonics to create an independant reader and does cover more than 100 Easy lessons. We are starting from the beginning and so far it's a hit with him. I am continuing our other reading instruction during this review stage of MFW 1. This week we made a clay jar, started working on a scroll, did experiments with earthworms and ants, and did lots of work with blending ladders for reading. We are continuing our readings in history, etc so we have a nice full day. It has been an interesting and varied week with lots of fun stuff scheduled in. I do work best with a schedule!

No comments: